Welcome to Greenbelt Brewers Association. We are an AHA recognized club, and 501(c)7 non-profit, dedicated to the joy of home brewing. Formed by a small group of home brewers serving the I-80 greenbelt along Solano, Yolo, and Sacramento Counties.
This club was started in an effort to expand knowledge, share ideas, learn new techniques, and educate others about the craft of homebrewing. Whether you are new to brewing, or have been brewing since the days of prohibition, all are welcome. So come on in, pour a pint, and we look forward to seeing you at the next meeting.
We currently hold meetings on the 3rd Tuesday of every month at 7:00 PM at Sudwerk Brewery in Davis, CA. Please Contact Us at GBAofficers@googlegroups.com for more information if you are interested in coming to a meeting and or joining the club. We welcome new members to come to a couple meetings before feeling obligated to pay our dues.
A typical meeting usually features a presentation on a brewing style or technique. The presentations are usually given by a club member and we try to invite guest speakers at least twice a year. The meetings are also a great opportunity to share homebrew and get feedback on your brew.
How to join the club: To join the club you need to do two things:
- Pay dues in our Online Store or at a club meeting. For new members, dues are currently $26 for 2015 but if you join after July 1st it is only $16.00. For returning members, membership renewal fees are currently $26 throughout the year.
- Join the club email list here. (You do not need to be a paying member to join our email list)
Benefits of Membership:
- Discounts at homebrew stores and breweries/bars and on brewing software.
- Beginner/Club Brew Days: The club is aiming to host 4 club brew days a year where the goal will be to teach new brewers how to brew. It will also be a great opportunity to teach more advanced brewing techniques to mid leveled brewers.
- Access to our members only site which has all presentations archived, brewery construction advice, where to shop for brewing related ingredients and hardware, club recipes, and pictures.
- Access to participate in group purchases for grains, hops, barrels, or other items that can be purchased in bulk. These group buys result in much lower prices than what you can find when purchasing these items individually.
- Borrow the club Jockey Box: The club has a 6 tap jockey box complete with gas manifold that you can borrow to pour your kegged beer at your next event away from home! All you need is a CO2 tank, regulator and buckets of ice to sit the kegs in and you are good to go! Send an email to the GBA board to reserve the jockey box. ( GBAofficers@googlegroups.com)
Communication: The vast majority of our communication takes place through our Google group mailing list. You can choose to receive a daily digest of email communication, or use it like a forum by logging into the Google group from time to time to monitor discussions or search the archive for previous discussions. You can find and join the group by following this link. Don’t be put off by the screening question, just tell us why you love beer or homebrewing.
GBA Board Members:
President: Matt Boyer
Vice President: Nick McGuire
Secretary: Ian Elliot
Treasurer: Dave Bosworth
Membership Coordinator: Travis Schmidt
Competition Coordinator: Ricky Burnett
Group Buy Coordinator: Mark Herzog
Brew Day Coordinator: Joe Vida
NCHF Coordinator: TBD
If you have any questions about the club or are interested in joining or just checking out a meeting and tasting some home brewed beer, please contact us!
Thanks for your interest!